Aptar recently hosted an Innovation Summit in Silicon Valley, California. The event included 100 innovators from across the company who are focused on product development, marketing, business development, and more. The event was crafted in partnership with Innovation Point, a boutique consulting firm that focuses on strategic innovation. The event was an opportunity for attendees to learn about upcoming projects and the overwhelming power of new ideas. The theme of the event “Disrupt or Be Disrupted” was created to articulate how quickly the market landscape can change.
The Innovation Summit was part conference and part interactive workshop. During the conference, Aptar invited nine innovation influencers to share information on ubertrends, scalable innovation, growth and the power of startup networks.
Speakers at the event included:
- Michael Tchong – Entrepeneur, MacWEEK, Atelier Systems, CyberAtlas and ICONOCAST
- Scott Armanini – Senior Advisor, Samsung NEXT
- Marjan Mohsenin – Senior Director, Strategic Relations, Singularity University
- Navin Kunde – Department Manager, Open Innovation, The Clorox Company
- Bill O’Conner – Director of Innovation Research + Consulting, SF Vault
- Scott Lenet – President, Touchdown Ventures
- Dr. Ling Fan – Founder + CEO, Tezign
- Dr. Anne Schauer-Gimenez – Co-founder and Vice President of Customer Engagement, Mango Materials
- Anthony Rossi – Vice President Global Business Development, Loop
Attendees were invited to learn more about internal innovation at Aptar by attending the “Aptar Innovation Exposition.” During this portion of the day, Aptar’s own product development teams presented current and future projects with the potential to disrupt the market. This exercise allows employees from all departments and segments of Aptar to learn a little bit more about the new technologies being utilized across the business.
In addition to this internal expo, attendees toured the GORE Innovation Center before being invited to visit one of the following facilities: Carbon 3D, Flex, Plug-and-Play, Institution for the Future and the DuPont Innovation Center. These tours enabled the team to learn more about how other industry leaders approach innovation and incorporate it into their business.
The conference concluded with a group activity called the “Business Challenge.” Attendees worked together to create innovative solutions for current or potential roadblocks. Winners of this challenge were awarded a monetary gift to implement their solution.
The attendees of Aptar’s 2019 Innovation Summit left the event feeling recharged and ready to share their disruptive and innovative ideas with their colleagues. To learn more about Aptar and their current projects, visit http://news.aptar.com/.