Crystal Lake, Illinois, February 9, 2017 — AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) today announced record fourth quarter and annual earnings for 2016.
Fourth Quarter Summary
- Reported sales declined 1%; sales growth in Pharma and Food + Beverage offset by decline in Beauty + Home and the impact of the stronger U.S. dollar
- Segment income margins improved in Pharma and Beauty + Home
- Reported earnings per share of $0.77 vs. $0.68 in the prior year (+ 13%)
- Comparable adjusted earnings per share of $0.69 vs. $0.65 in the prior year (+ 6%)
- Reported sales increased 1%
- Reported annual earnings per share of $3.17 vs. $3.09 in the prior year (+ 3%)
- Comparable adjusted annual earnings per share of $3.13 vs. $2.97 in the prior year (+ 5%)
- Reported annual net income (9% of net sales) increased to $206 million (+ 3%)
- Adjusted annual EBITDA (20% of net sales) increased to $476 million (+ 5%)
- Paid increased annual dividend for the 23rd consecutive year (current annualized dividend is $1.28 per share).