Crystal Lake, Illinois, February 4, 2016 — AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) reported record fourth quarter and annual net income and earnings per share.
- Reported record annual and fourth quarter net income and earnings per share despite foreign currency headwinds.
- Reported earnings per share rose 8% for the year and fourth quarter over prior year levels.
- Comparable adjusted earnings per share increased 21% for the year and 18% in the fourth quarter over prior year levels.
- Improved operating margins across each business segment drove adjusted EBITDA(1) margin to 20% for 2015 compared to 18% in the prior year (19% in the fourth quarter compared to 17% in the prior year fourth quarter).
- Achieved adjusted ROIC(2) of 14% for 2015 compared to 13% in the prior year.
- Paid increased annual dividends for the 22nd consecutive year (current annualized dividend is $1.20 per share).
- Fourth quarter adjusted earnings per share were $0.67 compared to currency-adjusted earnings per share of $0.57 in the prior year (fourth quarter 2015 adjusted earnings per share exclude a positive impact of $0.03 per share ($2.9 million of pre-tax income) related to a gain on an insurance recovery, and a negative impact of $0.02 per share ($1.9 million of pre-tax expense) related to costs associated with the Mega Airless acquisition).
(1) Adjusted EBITDA is earnings excluding unusual items before net interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization; see “Presentation of Non-GAAP Information” and accompanying tables for further information.
(2) ROIC is return on invested capital calculated by taking adjusted after-tax EBIT (earnings before net interest and taxes) and dividing it by average net capital; see “Presentation of Non-GAAP Information” and accompanying tables for further information.
Read the full press release.