Crystal Lake, Illinois, April 27, 2017 — AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) today announced increased revenue, net income and earnings per share for the first quarter of 2017. In addition, AptarGroup announced its continued investment in the field of connected electronic drug delivery devices.
First Quarter Summary
- Reported sales grew 3%; growth in Beauty + Home and Pharma offset decline in Food + Beverage
- Excluding the negative impact from changes in foreign currency exchange rates and the positive contribution from an acquisition, core sales also increased 3%
- Reported earnings per share were $0.81, which includes a $0.04 tax benefit not included in previous first quarter guidance, compared to $0.67 in the prior year (+21%); when adjusting for special items and changes in currency exchange rates, comparable earnings per share for the prior year were $0.74 (+9%)
- Earnings per share for both the current and prior year included certain tax benefits amounting to approximately $0.04 in each respective period
- Received the first order for European Medicines Agency (EMA)-approved integrated electronic nasal lockout device (Aptar’s eLockout)
- Acquired 20% minority ownership position in Kali Care, a Silicon Valley-based technology company, which provides digital monitoring systems for ophthalmic medications