AptarGroup Reports Highest Second Quarter Revenues and Record Quarterly Earnings
Crystal Lake, Illinois, July 21, 2014 — AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) today reported its highest level of second quarter revenues and record quarterly earnings per share.
Second Quarter 2014 Summary
- Reported sales increased 5% from the prior year to $671 million (core sales excluding currency effects increased 4%)
- Demand was broad-based across all markets with only the injectables market declining compared to the prior year
- Core sales grew in each region with the exception of the U.S.
- Currency effects and facility start-up costs in Latin America negatively impacted Beauty + Home’s results by approximately $2 million
- Reported earnings per share increased to a quarterly record $0.79 from $0.73 in the prior year (comparable prior year earnings per share, excluding charges related to Aptar’s European restructuring plan, were $0.77)