Crystal Lake, Illinois, April 28, 2016 — AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) today announced first quarter core sales and earnings per share growth on a comparable basis.
- Core sales(1), which exclude currency translation effects and the impact of the recent Mega Airless acquisition, rose 2% despite a negative impact of 2% from decreased custom tooling sales and the passing through of lower resin costs
- Reported sales declined 1% primarily due to negative currency translation effects of 4%
- Comparable adjusted earnings per share(1) rose 3% over the prior year and were in-line with previous guidance
- 2016 comparable adjusted earnings per share, which excluded the effects of the Mega Airless acquisition and certain non-recurring tax benefits, were $0.71 compared to currency-adjusted earnings per share of $0.69 in the prior year
- Reported earnings per share were $0.67 compared to $0.70 in the prior year
- Strong operating margins across each business segment drove adjusted EBITDA(1) margin to 19%, an improvement from 18% in the prior year
- Acquisition of Mega Airless, which broadens Aptar’s airless portfolio, closed on February 29, 2016
(1) See “Presentation of Non-GAAP Information” and accompanying tables for further information.
Click here to read the full press release.